Accepted by Michael Welker. We thank Bill Kross, Christian Leuz, Stan Markov, Tom Omer, Stephen Penman, Ray Pfeiffer, Senyo Tse, Connie Weaver, Mike Welker (the ad hoc editor), Chris Wolfe, Anne Thompson, two anonymous reviewers, and workshop participants at SUNY Buffalo, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas A & M University, and the 2010 AAA Annual Meeting for helpful comments or discussion. Professors Ahmed and Wang gratefully acknowledge funding from the Mays Business School. Professor Neel acknowledges funding from the C.T. Bauer College of Business.
Does Mandatory Adoption of IFRS Improve Accounting Quality? Preliminary Evidence†
Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 1344–1372, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Ahmed, A. S., Neel, M. and Wang, D. (2013), Does Mandatory Adoption of IFRS Improve Accounting Quality? Preliminary Evidence. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 1344–1372. doi: 10.1111/j.1911-3846.2012.01193.x
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 AUG 2012 02:20AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!