Dr. Buckley is an assistant professor of geography at the Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701–2979.
THE ENVIRONMENTAL TRANSFORMATION OF AN APPALACHIAN VALLEY, 1850–1906*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
1998 American Geographical Society
Volume 88, Issue 2, pages 175–198, April 1998
How to Cite
BUCKLEY, G. L. (1998), THE ENVIRONMENTAL TRANSFORMATION OF AN APPALACHIAN VALLEY, 1850–1906. Geographical Review, 88: 175–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.1998.tb00104.x
I would like to thank Robert D. Mitchell, Craig E. Colten, Adam Rome, and Eugene McCann for their comments on an earlier draft of this article. I also thank Betsy Robinson of the Smithsonian Institution for her assistance in obtaining prints of the historical photographs.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!