Dr. Buckley is an assistant professor of geography at the Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701–2979.
THE ENVIRONMENTAL TRANSFORMATION OF AN APPALACHIAN VALLEY, 1850–1906*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
1998 American Geographical Society
Volume 88, Issue 2, pages 175–198, April 1998
How to Cite
BUCKLEY, G. L. (1998), THE ENVIRONMENTAL TRANSFORMATION OF AN APPALACHIAN VALLEY, 1850–1906. Geographical Review, 88: 175–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.1998.tb00104.x
I would like to thank Robert D. Mitchell, Craig E. Colten, Adam Rome, and Eugene McCann for their comments on an earlier draft of this article. I also thank Betsy Robinson of the Smithsonian Institution for her assistance in obtaining prints of the historical photographs.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!