Dr. Mancke is an associate professor of history at the University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, 44325–1902.
EARLY MODERN EXPANSION AND THE POLITICIZATION OF OCEANIC SPACE*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
1999 American Geographical Society
Volume 89, Issue 2, pages 225–236, April 1999
How to Cite
MANCKE, E. (1999), EARLY MODERN EXPANSION AND THE POLITICIZATION OF OCEANIC SPACE. Geographical Review, 89: 225–236. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.1999.tb00215.x
This essay benefited from the comments of the participants at the Oceans Connect workshop at Duke University and from the assessments of two anonymous reviewers. The John Carter Brown Library, where I was a fellow, provided a collegial environment for completing the revisions.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!