Dr. Young is an assistant professor of geography at the University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721.
LOCAL PEOPLE AND CONSERVATION IN MEXICO's EL VIZCAÍNO BIOSPHERE RESERVE*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
1999 American Geographical Society
Volume 89, Issue 3, pages 364–390, July 1999
How to Cite
YOUNG, E. (1999), LOCAL PEOPLE AND CONSERVATION IN MEXICO's EL VIZCAÍNO BIOSPHERE RESERVE. Geographical Review, 89: 364–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.1999.tb00224.x
Field-research support was provided by the Association of American Geographers, the American Cetacean Society–Los Angeles Chapter, the California Coastal Conservancy, the Cetacean Society, Cetacean Society International, Pro Esteros, the Southwest Wetlands Interpretative Association, the University of Texas Graduate Fellows Program and Institute of Latin American Studies, a Fulbright-Hayes Dissertation Research Fellowship, and the U.S. Marine Mammal Commission. I thank Barbara Brower, Karl Butzer, Serge Dedina, William E. Doolittle, Diana Liverman, Sallie Marston, Beth Mitchneck, Lee Pederson, Henry Selby, and the three anonymous reviewers for their comments and suggestions.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!