Dr. Horst is a professor emeritus of geography at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008–5053.
THE ODYSSEY OF JAPANESE COLONISTS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2000 American Geographical Society
Volume 90, Issue 3, pages 335–338, July 2000
How to Cite
HORST, O. H. and ASAGIRI, K. (2000), THE ODYSSEY OF JAPANESE COLONISTS IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Geographical Review, 90: 335–338. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2000.tb00341.x
Funding for our research was provided by the Lucia Harrison Endowment of Western Michigan University; Richard Longwell of Western Illinois University was highly instrumental in generating support through the auspices of the National Council of Geographic Education. Nobukatsu Nakajima generously provided access to documents housed in the Japanese International Cooperation Agency in Santo Domingo. The content of this manuscript was significantly enhanced by the critiques of three reviewers and Paul Starrs. Finally, we owe special thanks to the Matsunagas, Yamamotos, Tabatas, Yanais, Ariyamas, and countless other Japanese families who invited us into their homes and willingly shared their experiences with us.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!