Dr. Dowler is an assistant professor of geography at Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802.
THE FOUR SQUARE LAUNDRY: PARTICIPANT OBSERVATION IN A WAR ZONE*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2001 American Geographical Society
Volume 91, Issue 1-2, pages 414–422, January-April 2001
How to Cite
DOWLER, L. (2001), THE FOUR SQUARE LAUNDRY: PARTICIPANT OBSERVATION IN A WAR ZONE. Geographical Review, 91: 414–422. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2001.tb00497.x
I owe a debt of gratitude to the Maxwell School at Syracuse University and the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences at Pennsylvania State University for financial support in the field. John Western and Dave Jansson made valued editorial comments on earlier drafts of this essay. Most important, I thank Dydia DeLyser, Holly Hapke, and Karen Till for the hours of conversations we've had about the joys and frustrations of conducting fieldwork. Those conversations gave me the courage to keep going back.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!