Dr. Halvorson is an assistant professor of geography at the University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH RISKS AND GENDER IN THE KARAKORAM-HIMALAYA, NORTHERN PAKISTAN*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2002 American Geographical Society
Volume 92, Issue 2, pages 257–281, April 2002
How to Cite
HALVORSON, S. J. (2002), ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH RISKS AND GENDER IN THE KARAKORAM-HIMALAYA, NORTHERN PAKISTAN. Geographical Review, 92: 257–281. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2002.tb00007.x
This research was supported by grants from the Fulbright Foundation in Pakistan, the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, and the Department of Geography and the Graduate School at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Many thanks to James L. Wescoat Jr., Rachel Silvey, Tom Perreault, Kathleen O'Reilly, Richa Nagar, Donald Friend, Paul Starrs, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments and constructive criticism on previous versions of this article. Also, thanks are due to Zeba Rasmussen and the Aga Khan Health Services, Pakistan for field support and to Muki Bano and Sherbaz Khan for their assistance with interview translations.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!