Dr. Winkler Prins is an assistant professor of geography at Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-1115.
SEASONAL FLOODPLAIN-UPLAND MIGRATION ALONG THE LOWER AMAZON RIVER*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2002 American Geographical Society
Volume 92, Issue 3, pages 415–431, July 2002
How to Cite
WINKLERPRINS, A. M. G. A. (2002), SEASONAL FLOODPLAIN-UPLAND MIGRATION ALONG THE LOWER AMAZON RIVER. Geographical Review, 92: 415–431. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2002.tb00151.x
Research for this article was made possible by grants from the National Science Foundation (No. 9508193, K. S. Zimmerer, principal investigator), the Association of American Geographers, and the American Association of University Women, and by support from Projeto Várzea (Santarém, Brazil) and the ITC-International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences. I sincerely thank the residents of Ituqui for their time, patience, and friendship. I also thank William Denevan, anonymous reviewers, and the editor for their comments on earlier drafts of this article.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!