Dr. Schnell is an assistant professor of geography at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, Kutztown, Pennsylvania 19530.
CREATING NARRATIVES OF PLACE AND IDENTITY IN “LITTLE SWEDEN, U.S.A.”*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2003 American Geographical Society
Volume 93, Issue 1, pages 1–29, January 2003
How to Cite
SCHNELL, S. M. (2003), CREATING NARRATIVES OF PLACE AND IDENTITY IN “LITTLE SWEDEN, U.S.A.”. Geographical Review, 93: 1–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2003.tb00018.x
I would like to thank Pete Shortridge, Garth Myers, Bob Nunley, Rita Napier, and Terry Slocum for their helpful input during this project. Also, many thanks to Lisa Schnell for her comments on an earlier draft of this article. Most of all, I would like to thank the residents of Lindsborg who gave me their time and insight, and particularly Kathryn and Carl Frantz, for their boundless hospitality during my visits to Lindsborg.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!