Dr. Rose-Redwood is a doctoral candidate in geography at Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802.
RE-CREATING THE HISTORICAL TOPOGRAPHY OF MANHATTAN ISLAND*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2003 American Geographical Society
Volume 93, Issue 1, pages 124–132, January 2003
How to Cite
ROSE-REDWOOD, R. S. (2003), RE-CREATING THE HISTORICAL TOPOGRAPHY OF MANHATTAN ISLAND. Geographical Review, 93: 124–132. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2003.tb00024.x
Research was supported by the Environmental Protection Agency's Science to Achieve Results (star) Graduate Fellowship. I would like to thank Port Authority facility surveyor Scott Zelenak for offering suggestions on determining the elevation datum of the Randel Farm Maps. I would also like to thank my advisor, James McCarthy, as well as David O'Sullivan, for providing useful suggestions on earlier drafts of this note. In addition, I appreciate the comments of various anonymous reviewers from the gis community. 1 am also grateful to former consulting engineer Eric Cardwell and policy analyst Laura Engler, at the Manhattan Borough President's Office, for providing me with access to the Randel Farm Maps. Lastly, I would like to acknowledge my former advisor, Andrew Sluyter, for guiding me through the initial stages of this research project.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!