Dr. Xu earned his doctorate in geography at the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China, where Dr. Jim is a professor of geography.
USING UPLAND FOREST IN SHIMENTAI NATURE RESERVE, CHINA*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2003 American Geographical Society
Volume 93, Issue 3, pages 308–327, July 2003
How to Cite
XU, S. S. W. and JIM, C. Y. (2003), USING UPLAND FOREST IN SHIMENTAI NATURE RESERVE, CHINA. Geographical Review, 93: 308–327. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2003.tb00035.x
We are grateful for the research grant support kindly provided by the Hui Oi Chow Trust Fund. The study was made possible through the cooperation and assistance of staff of the Shimentai Nature Reserve Management Bureau and of many local people and elementary school teachers in Changjiang, Huangdong, Lianshan, Liyu, Shimentai, Shuitou, and Wenfeng Village Committees. Heartfelt thanks are due to Dr. He Guoqiang and Mr. Xiao Yiwen for their support during field trips and to Professor Zhang Jinquan, Mr. Shi Yuan'an, and Mr. He Kejun for suggesting this study of the Shimentai Nature Reserve.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!