The late DR. CHURCHILL was a professor of geography at Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont 05753.
URBAN CARTOGRAPHY AND THE MAPPING OF CHICAGO*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2004 American Geographical Society
Volume 94, Issue 1, pages 1–22, January 2004
How to Cite
CHURCHILL, R. R. (2004), URBAN CARTOGRAPHY AND THE MAPPING OF CHICAGO. Geographical Review, 94: 1–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2004.tb00155.x
The work presented here was initiated when I was privileged to participate in “Popular Cartography and Society,” a summer institute on the history of cartography hosted by the Newberry Library in Chicago and sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities. At the Newberry, I am indebted to the staff of the Hermon Dunlap Smith Center for the History of Cartography and especially to Jim Akerman. I extend thanks to my colleagues Guntram Herb, Anne Knowles, and Tamar Mayer for their insightful comments on earlier versions of the manuscript. The article also benefited substantially from the comments of three anonymous reviewers.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!