Dr. Zimmerer is a professor of geography at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706.
HUMBOLDT'S NODES AND MODES OF INTERDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE IN THE ANDEAN WORLD*
Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
2006 American Geographical Society
Volume 96, Issue 3, pages 335–360, July 2006
How to Cite
Zimmerer, K. S. (2006), HUMBOLDT'S NODES AND MODES OF INTERDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE IN THE ANDEAN WORLD. Geographical Review, 96: 335–360. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2006.tb00255.x
This article owes a great deal to initial conversations and comments from many colleagues at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and in the Agrarian Studies Program at Yale University. I am especially indebted to Jim Scott, Steven Stoll, Helen Sui, and Fred Musto, the Yale University map curator and Humboldt follower. I also appreciate the feedback of fellow presenters and audience members at the 2006 Workshop on Political Ecology and Science Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and the 2006 Environmental History meeting in St. Paul, Minnesota. These included Gregg Mitman, Jason Lindquist, Aaron Sachs, and Laura Walls, as well as Donald Worster and Nancy Peluso. Finally, thanks also to Eric Carter, to the anonymous reviewers of the manuscript, to Kent Mathewson and Andrew Sluyter, to Richard Worthington of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Cartography Laboratory, to Viola Haarmann and Douglas Johnson, and to Douglas Holland and the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!