Dr. Wescoat is a professor of landscape architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois 61820.
GILBERT FOWLER WHITE (1911–2006), WISDOM IN ENVIRONMENTAL GEOGRAPHY*
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2012
2006 American Geographical Society
Volume 96, Issue 4, pages 700–710, October 2006
How to Cite
Wescoat, J. L. (2006), GILBERT FOWLER WHITE (1911–2006), WISDOM IN ENVIRONMENTAL GEOGRAPHY. Geographical Review, 96: 700–710. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2006.tb00524.x
I am grateful to Douglas Johnson and Viola Haarmann for inviting this essay; to colleagues, students, and friends for sharing ideas about Gilbert's contributions and qualities; to Florrie for helping me refine these ideas; and to Gilbert, who invited me to sit with him each week, reflect upon the waters of the world, and write a book about them.
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!