Dr. Baldacchino is Canada Research Chair in Island Studies at the University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, P.E.I., Canada c1a 4p3, and a visiting professor of sociology at the University of Malta, Msida msd 06, Malta.
ISLANDS AS NOVELTY SITES*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2007 American Geographical Society
Volume 97, Issue 2, pages 165–174, April 2007
How to Cite
BALDACCHINO, G. (2007), ISLANDS AS NOVELTY SITES. Geographical Review, 97: 165–174. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2007.tb00396.x
The author thanks John R. Gillis, David Lowenthal, and Matt Matsuda, conveners of the conference “Islands on Our Minds” held at Rutgers University in 2004, which inspired a draft of this article; Christian Depraetere and Stefan Gössling for specific island-related information; and Eric Clark, Pete Hay, Jane Ledwell, Stephen Royle, and two anonymous reviewers for critical comments.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!