Dr. Hugill is a professor of geography at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77843.
GERMAN GREAT–POWER RELATIONS IN THE PAGES OF SIMPLICISSIMUS, 1896–1914*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2008 American Geographical Society
Volume 98, Issue 1, pages 1–23, January 2008
How to Cite
HUGILL, P. J. (2008), GERMAN GREAT–POWER RELATIONS IN THE PAGES OF SIMPLICISSIMUS, 1896–1914. Geographical Review, 98: 1–23. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2008.tb00285.x
I would like to thank two of my graduate students, Veit Bachmann for help translating Simplicissimus into modern, colloquial English, and Tracey Hayes for her exploration of the artistic elements of Simplicissimus, as well as my colleague in history at Texas A&M University R. J. Q. Adams for sharing his unparalleled knowledge of the British Edwardian period. The remaining errors are of my making, not theirs! I also thank the Simplicissimus On-Line Projekt, a Joint Undertaking of the Deutschen Literaturarchivs Marbach, Herzogin Anna Amalia Bibliothek/Klassik Stiftung Weimar, and the Institut für Germanistische und Allgemeine Literaturwissenschaft der RWTH Aachen, for permission to reprint material from its Web site.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!