Dr. Chase is an associate professor of geography and planning at California State University–Chico, Chico, California 95929–0425.
THEIR SPACE: SECURITY AND SERVICE WORKERS IN A BRAZILIAN GATED COMMUNITY*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2008 American Geographical Society
Volume 98, Issue 4, pages 476–495, October 2008
How to Cite
CHASE, J. (2008), THEIR SPACE: SECURITY AND SERVICE WORKERS IN A BRAZILIAN GATED COMMUNITY. Geographical Review, 98: 476–495. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2008.tb00313.x
I am grateful to the Department of Geography and Planning at California State University–Chico, which provided me with a semester-long sabbatical to complete my research in Brazil. I also would like to thank my Brazilian friends and colleagues, especially Rachel, Ralfo, Rosení, and Cid, and Heloísa Soares de Moura Costa, for their interest and kind support. To the people who told me their stories, and to the members of the gated community who provided me with data, ideas, and a place to stay: muito obrigada. Two anonymous reviewers and the editor of this journal made insightful suggestions. All shortcomings in this article my responsibility.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!