Dr. Hugill is a professor of geography at Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77843.
THE AMERICAN CHALLENGE TO BRITISH HEGEMONY, 1861–1947*
Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
2009 American Geographical Society
Volume 99, Issue 3, pages 403–425, July 2009
How to Cite
HUGILL, P. J. (2009), THE AMERICAN CHALLENGE TO BRITISH HEGEMONY, 1861–1947. Geographical Review, 99: 403–425. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2009.tb00439.x
I thank various members of the Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University for their critical commentary on the line of reasoning laid out in this article as presented in seminars there. I particularly thank Jeff Engel for his insightful comments on the struggle between Britain and America to control commercial aviation. He is not responsible for any remaining faults in my interpretation.
- Issue online: 21 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!