This research was funded by the National Science Foundation Arizona Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (ams) Facility, the U.S. Department of the Army, Pueblo Chemical Depot, the Colorado Archaeological Society Alice B. Hamilton Scholarship Fund, the American Water Resources, Rich Herbert Memorial Scholarship, and a Professional Research Opportunities for Faculty (profs) grant to Donald Sullivan from the University of Denver. This research would not have been possible without the help of many people. Those deserving special thanks include Max Canestorp of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for his continuing support of paleoenvironmental research at the Pueblo Chemical Depot and for reviewing this article, Duke Phillips and his staff at the Chico Basin Ranch for allowing us access to the fens at the ranch, and John B. Gilmore for providing laboratory and financial assistance. Mark Chenault and his family deserve our appreciation for providing room and board to Kevin Gilmore while he was processing samples at the Arizona ams Facility. Several people provided comments that greatly improved the ideas and presentation of this field note. We would like to thank Kay Wall at ero Resources for technical editing and Craig E. Colten at the Geographical Review, Max Canestorp, and two anonymous reviewers for their constructive comments on our manuscript. As always, we take full responsibility for any errors and omissions.
PALEOENVIRONMENT AND “POCKET FEN” DEVELOPMENT ON THE WESTERN GREAT PLAINS*
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2010
© 2010 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 100, Issue 3, pages 413–429, July 2010
How to Cite
GILMORE, K. P. and SULLIVAN, D. G. (2010), PALEOENVIRONMENT AND “POCKET FEN” DEVELOPMENT ON THE WESTERN GREAT PLAINS. Geographical Review, 100: 413–429. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2010.00044.x
- Issue online: 29 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!