I am indebted to the forty retired poppy farmers who provided me with the wealth of their experiences and memories and to my research assistants, Yüksel, Zuhal, and Augie. My research was supported by the Center for the Advanced Study of International Development, the Center for Gender in a Global Context, and Muslim Studies, all at Michigan State University. Additionally, though not employed directly in the research for this article, it was also informed by opportunities to review archival and document collections pertaining to the period of eradication held in the Washington, D.C. area that were made possible by a short-term fellowship administered by the Kennan Institute of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in the summer of 2008. I also benefited from the editorial advice of the anonymous reviewers of my manuscript and Craig Colten.
TRADITIONAL ECOLOGIES OF THE OPIUM POPPY AND ORAL HISTORY IN RURAL TURKEY*
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
© 2011 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 101, Issue 2, pages 164–182, April 2011
How to Cite
EVERED, K. T. (2011), TRADITIONAL ECOLOGIES OF THE OPIUM POPPY AND ORAL HISTORY IN RURAL TURKEY. Geographical Review, 101: 164–182. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2011.00085.x
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!