This research was supported by the Environmental Protection Agency's Science to Achieve Results Graduate Fellowship Program. I am very grateful to Craig Colten, the anonymous reviewers, and Margo Huxley for their constructive suggestions to improve this article. The current study had its beginnings in my master's thesis, “Rationalizing the Landscape: Superimposing the Grid upon the Island of Manhattan” (2002), and I benefited considerably from useful feedback on this earlier incarnation of the current research project provided by James McCarthy, Andrew Sluyter, Roger Downs, Eugene Moehring, Rebecca Shanor, and Marguerite Holloway. The usual disclaimers apply with respect to any errors that appear in the pages that follow.
MYTHOLOGIES OF THE GRID IN THE EMPIRE CITY, 1811–2011*
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2011
© 2011 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 101, Issue 3, pages 396–413, July 2011
How to Cite
ROSE-REDWOOD, R. S. (2011), MYTHOLOGIES OF THE GRID IN THE EMPIRE CITY, 1811–2011. Geographical Review, 101: 396–413. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2011.00103.x
- Issue published online: 7 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!