The authors thank Vassar College's Environmental Research Institute and Ford Scholars program for funding this collaborative research project. In Rio de Janeiro, the Getúlio Vargas Foundation, the Pereira Passos Institute (iplan/rio), and the National Library assisted our research. We are also grateful for the generous local help of Gabriel Alvim, Colin Crawford and participants in the Study Space V program, Regina Gonçalves, Jurandyr Florentino Miguez, Sam Thypin-Bermeo, and the residents who agreed to be interviewed for our study. Unless otherwise noted, all translations from the original Portuguese are the authors'.
REGULATING PUBLIC SPACE ON THE BEACHFRONTS OF RIO DE JANEIRO*
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
© 2012 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 102, Issue 1, pages 17–34, January 2012
How to Cite
GODFREY, B. J. and ARGUINZONI, O. M. (2012), REGULATING PUBLIC SPACE ON THE BEACHFRONTS OF RIO DE JANEIRO. Geographical Review, 102: 17–34. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2012.00128.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!