I would like to thank Felix Driver for reading and commenting on the first draft of this article, Craig Colten and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments, and Daisy Njoku (Smithsonian Institution), Peter Lewis (ags Archives), and Custódio Rodrigues (Museu Amazônico Archives) for their assistance with the sources. I would also like to acknowledge the British Academy and Birkbeck, University of London, whose funding permitted the research on which this article is based.
GEOGRAPHICAL EXPLORATION AND THE ELUSIVE MAPPING OF AMAZONIA†
Article first published online: 5 JUN 2012
© 2012 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 102, Issue 2, pages 225–244, April 2012
How to Cite
MARTINS, L. (2012), GEOGRAPHICAL EXPLORATION AND THE ELUSIVE MAPPING OF AMAZONIA. Geographical Review, 102: 225–244. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2012.00144.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 5 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!