This article is based on ethnographic and archival research I conducted in Izmir in 2009/2010 with the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Turkish Cultural Foundation. I wish to thank Amy Mills and the two anonymous readers for their insightful comments on earlier drafts of the article.
“COSMOPOLITAN” SMYRNA: ILLUMINATING OR OBSCURING CULTURAL HISTORIES?
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2012
© 2012 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 102, Issue 3, pages 337–349, July 2012
How to Cite
JACKSON, M. (2012), “COSMOPOLITAN” SMYRNA: ILLUMINATING OR OBSCURING CULTURAL HISTORIES?. Geographical Review, 102: 337–349. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2012.00155.x
The Geographical Review regrets that some Turkish special characters cannot currently be reproduced.
- Issue published online: 28 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!