The author would like to thank four of his former students: Danny Blake, who spurred him to research the red swamp crawfish and who collaborated with him in the field; Mike Commons, who organized landing-receipt data and created the initial drafts of the map that accompanies this manuscript; Ryan Ford, who refined the map; and Jake Nicholas, who allowed the author to accompany him on a Department of Fish and Game surveillance of the rice fields. Finally, the author expresses his appreciation to the fishermen who patiently answered his questions, showed him their trade, and sold him crawfish.
Incidental Aquaculture in California's Rice Paddies: Red Swamp Crawfish†
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American Geographical Society of New York
Volume 103, Issue 3, pages 336–354, July 2013
How to Cite
Brady, S. (2013), Incidental Aquaculture in California's Rice Paddies: Red Swamp Crawfish. Geographical Review, 103: 336–354. doi: 10.1111/j.1931-0846.2013.00002.x
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!