I am greatly indebted to helpful feedback from Jonathan Adler, Anthony Corsentino, Kevin Falvey, Michael Glanzberg, Warren Goldfarb, Elizabeth Harman, Richard Heck, Louis-Philippe Hodgson, Charles Parsons, and James Pryor. I received many useful comments when I presented earlier versions of this paper at a UCSD Philosophy Colloquium, especially from Agustín Rayo and Wayne Martin, and at the Pacific APA 2005. I am grateful to Gary Ebbs, my commentator on the latter occasion, for his criticisms. Finally, I thank an anonymous referee for this journal for unusually generous and helpful comments.
Assertion and its Constitutive Norms
Article first published online: 23 JUN 2009
© 2009 Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, LLC
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
Volume 79, Issue 1, pages 98–130, July 2009
How to Cite
RESCORLA, M. (2009), Assertion and its Constitutive Norms. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 79: 98–130. doi: 10.1111/j.1933-1592.2009.00268.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!