I am indebted to Cheshire Calhoun for her inspiring paper, “Hope Matters,” and for giving me permission to discuss it before its publication. I am further indebted to her for reading multiple versions of this paper, and providing invaluable comments in writing and at the 2008 Pacific APA. I am also grateful to Christopher Hayes, Amy Kind, David McNaughton, and John Russell Roberts for comments on earlier drafts, to audiences at the 2008 Pacific APA and the 2008 Ethical Theory and Moral Practice Conference in Amsterdam, to the participants in the Spring 2009 value theory writing seminar at the University of Pennsylvania, and to two anonymous reviewers at this Journal.
Hopes and Dreams1
Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2010
© 2010 Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, LLC
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 148–173, July 2011
How to Cite
MARTIN, A. M. (2011), Hopes and Dreams. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 83: 148–173. doi: 10.1111/j.1933-1592.2010.00422.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!