I have delivered this paper to a number of audiences, and discussion has been enormously useful. I am indebted to the following for particularly full discussion or for penetrating questions (which they may well not remember) that made me understand my topic better: Mark Crimmins, Richard Feldman, Matt Fulkerson, Jennifer Nagel, Calvin Normore, Howard Nye, John Perry, Gurpreet Rattan, Susanna Siegel, Barry Smith, and Jonathan Weisberg. An anonymous referee’s comments were invaluable in ridding the paper of residual confusion.
How to Be Sure: Sensory Exploration and Empirical Certainty*
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2012
© 2012 Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, LLC
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
Volume 88, Issue 1, pages 38–69, January 2014
How to Cite
Matthen, M. (2014), How to Be Sure: Sensory Exploration and Empirical Certainty. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 88: 38–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1933-1592.2011.00548.x
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!