Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the philosophy departments in Duke, Stirling, Edibnburgh, Washington University in St. Louis, Rutgers, and Vermont; at the epistemology group in the Van Leer Institute in Jerusalem; in a conference at the university of Graz; and at the Hebrew University Institute of Advanced Studies. I thank the participants—and especially Wilfried Hinsch, my commentator at Graz—for the valuable discussion. I also received helpful comments from Hagit Benbaji, Matthew Braddock, Terence Cuneo, Antony Duff, Yuval Eylon, Adil Ahmad Haque, Simon Hope, Arthur Kuflik, Ambrose Lee, Ofer Malcai, Mark Moyer, Arik Pelman, Stephen Perry, Christian Piller, Jim Pryor, Joseph Raz, Ben Saunders, Walter Sinnott-Armstrong, Holly Smith, Roy Sorensen, Levi Spectre, Gopal Sreenivasan, Larry Temkin, Sergio Tenenbaum, Michael Thompson, Bas van der Vossen, and Matt Weiner. Also, this research was supported by the Israel Science Foundation (grant no. 136/09).
Authority and Reason-Giving1
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
© 2012 Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, LLC
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
Volume 89, Issue 2, pages 296–332, September 2014
How to Cite
Enoch, D. (2014), Authority and Reason-Giving. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 89: 296–332. doi: 10.1111/j.1933-1592.2012.00610.x
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2014
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!