Economic Valuation of Riparian Corridors and Upland Wildlife Habitat in an Urban Watershed
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2009
© 2006 Universities Council on Water Resources
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 134, Issue 1, pages 39–45, July 2006
How to Cite
Netusil, N. R. (2006), Economic Valuation of Riparian Corridors and Upland Wildlife Habitat in an Urban Watershed. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 134: 39–45. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2006.mp134001008.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 1 MAY 2009
- 1988. Residential Property Values Improved by Landscaping with Trees. Southern Journal of Applied Forestry. 9:162–166. and .
- Bureau of Environmental Services. 2004. Fanno Creek Watershed Overview. December 22.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. 2002. Consumer Price Index-All Urban Consumers Series, Seasonally Adjusted, U.S. city average (Base Period: 1982–84=100) (October 21, 2002).
- 2002. Quantifying the Influence of Desert Riparian Areas on Residential Property Values. The Appraisal Journal 70 (3): 304–308. and .
- 1988. On the Choice of Functional Form for Hedonic Price Functions. The Review of Economics and Statistics 70 (4) 668–675. , and .
- 2003. The Measurement of Environmental and Resource Values: Theory and Methods (2nd edition). Resources for the Future, Washington, DC.
- 2001. The Effect of Open Spaces on a Home's Sale Price. Contemporary Economics Policy 19(3): 291–298. and .
- 2000. Valuing Urban Wetlands: A Property Price Approach. Land Economics 76 (1): 100–113. , .
- Metro. 2003. Economic, Social, Environmental and Energy Analysis: Executive Summary (September).
- Metro. 2005. Nature in Neighborhoods: Frequently Asked Questions about Nature in Neighborhoods (April 15).
- Metro. 2005a. Fish and Wildlife Habitat Protection: Habitat Inventory (March 21).
- Metro. 2005b. Nature in the Neighborhood Ordinance and Maps (December 5). http://www.metro-region.org/article.cfm?articleID=13806.
- 2001. The Influence of Riparian Protection Measures on Residential Property Values: The Case of the Oregon Plan for Salmon and Watersheds. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 22 (2/3): 273–86. and .
- 2005a. The Effect of Environmental Zoning and Amenities on Property Values: Portland, Oregon. Land Economics 81 (2).
- 2005b. Does Ownership Matter? Examining the Relationship Between Property Values and Privately and Publicly Owned Open Spaces, Streams and Wetlands. Reed College, Department of Economics, Working Paper (April).
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development. 1996. Goal 5 : Natural Resources, Scenic and Historic Areas, and Open Spaces (August 30).
- 1995. Estimating the Benefits of Urban Stream Restoration Using the Hedonic Price Method. Rivers 5 (4): 267–78. and .
- 2000. Property Prices and Urban Forest Amenities. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 39: 205–223. and .
- 1999. Economic Valuation of Freshwater Ecosystem Services in the United States: 1971–1997. Ecological Applications, 9(3): 772–783. and .