Legislative Reallocation: How Compliance with Federal Legislative Initiatives Can Redistribute Water Resources
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
© 2010 UCOWR
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 144, Issue 1, pages 11–17, March 2010
How to Cite
Benson, M. H. (2010), Legislative Reallocation: How Compliance with Federal Legislative Initiatives Can Redistribute Water Resources. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 144: 11–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2010.00069.x
- Issue online: 13 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
- 2005. Pollution without a solution: Flow impairment problems under Clean Water Act Section 303, Stanford Environmental Law Journal 24:199–267.
- 2002. The Tulare case: Water rights, the Endangered Species Act, and the fifth amendment. Environmental Law 32: 551–587.
- Casitas Municipal Water District v. United States. 2008. Westlaw 4349234 (C.A. Fed.).
- 2004. The Take prohibition in section 9 of the Endangered Species Act: Contradictions, ugly ducklings, and conservation of species. Environmental Law 34: 363–396. and .
- Committee on Protection and Management of Pacific Northwest Anadromous Salmonids, National Research Council. 1996. Upstream: Salmon and Society in the Pacific Northwest. National Academy Press. Washington , D.C.
- County of Okanogan v. National Marine Fisheries Service. 2003a. 347 F.3d 1081 (9th Circuit).
- County of Okanogan v. National Marine Fisheries Service. 2003b. Appellants' Opening Brief, 347 F.3d 1081 (9th Circuit).
- Federal Caucus, Columbia River Fish and Wildlife Recovery, Conservation of Columbia Basin. 2001. Citizen Update: Fish Endangered Species Act Implementation Plan: A Blueprint for Columbia Basin Fish. Issue 7. Availableat: http://www.salmonrecovery.gov/research_reports_pubs/citizen_updates/Citizen_Update_7.pdf. Accessed on September 25, 2008.
- 2008. Natural Resources Division General Litigation Section U.S. Attorney. Personal Communications. October 18.
- General Accounting Office. 2005. Klamath River Basin Reclamation Met Its Water Bank Obligations, but Information Provided to Water Bank Stakeholders Could Be Improved. Washington, D.C.
- 2007. The Central Valley Project Improvement Act: Who says environmental uses are not beneficial? Albany Law Environmental Outlook Journal 304.
- 2008. Letter in Response to Freedom of Information Act Request R6-17-09-02. Okanongan-Wenatchee National Forest. October 15, 2008.
- 2008. Director, Methow Salmon Recovery Foundation. Personal Communications. October 21.
- 2007. The Endangered Species Act Out of Control. Available at http://www.lewrockwell.com/lott/lott54.html. Accessed on August 14, 2008. and
- National Marine Fisheries Service. 2008. Upper Columbia ESA Salmon Recovery Sub-Domain Recovery Efforts. Available at http://www.nwr.noaa.gov/Salmon-Recovery-Planning/Recovery-Domains/Interior-Columbia/Upper-Columbia/Index.cfm. Accessed on September 3, 2008.
- Penn Central Transportation Co. v. New York City. 1978. 438 U.S. 104.
- Public Utility District No. 1 of Jefferson County v. Wash. Dep't of Ecology. 1994. 511 U.S. 700, 714.
- Reclamation Projects Authorization and Adjustment Act. 1992. Section 3406(b)(2). Available at http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/RECPROJ.HTML. Accessed on September 25, 2008.
- 2001. ESA Endangered Species Act. American Bar Association Section of Environment Energy and Resources Press: Chicago , IL .
- 2004. Water Law Reform in West Virginia: The Broader Context. West Virginia Law Review 106: 495–538.
- 2008. Law of Water Rights and Resources 9:31. West Publishing: Eagan , MN .
- 1999. Making Salmon: An Environmental History of the Northwest Fisheries Crisis. University of Washington Press. Seattle , Washington . .
- United States Bureau of Reclamation. 2007. Bureau of Reclamation Quickfacts. Available at http://www.usbr.gov/facts.html. Accessed on September 17, 2008.
- United States Constitution. Amendment V.
- United States v. New Mexico. 1978. 438 U.S. 696.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 2009. Consultations with Federal Agencies: Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act. Available at: http://www.fws.gov/Endangered/factsheets/consultations.pdf.
- 1998. The Little Fish that Roared: the Endangered Species Act, State Groundwater Law, and Private Property Rights Collide Over the Texas Edwards Aquifer. Environmental Law 28: 845–877.
- 2002. Raiders of the Lost Aquifer? Or, The Beginning of the End to Fifty Years of Conflict Over the Texas Edwards Aquifer. Tulane Environmental Law Journal 15: 257–321.
- 1997. Federal water policy reform: Implications for irrigated farms in California, Contemporary Economic Policy 15(2): 63–73.