Market Approaches to Water Allocation: Lessons from Latin America
Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
© 2010 UCOWR
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 144, Issue 1, pages 44–49, March 2010
How to Cite
Bauer, C. (2010), Market Approaches to Water Allocation: Lessons from Latin America. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 144: 44–49. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2010.00073.x
- Issue online: 13 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 APR 2010
- 1998. Privatization, Water Markets, and the State in Chile. Kluwer Academic Publishers: Boston , MA .
- 2004. Siren Song: Chilean Water Law as a Model for International Reform. RFF Press: Washington , DC .
- 2008. The experience of Chilean water markets. Proceedings, Expo Zaragoza Water Tribune, Thematic Week on Economics and Financing: The Role of Market Instruments in Integrated Water Management. Expo Zaragoza: Zaragoza , Spain .
- 1998. Managing water as an economic resource: Reflections on the Chilean experience. World Bank Environment Department Paper No. 62. , , and .
- 2006. Governing Water: Contentious Transnational Politics and Global Institution Building. MIT Press: Cambridge , MA .
- 2005. Lessons from implementing water rights in Mexico. In BryanBruns, ClaudiaRingler, and RuthMeinzen-Dick (eds.) Water Rights Reform: Lessons for Institutional Design, pages 85–112. International Food Policy Research Institute: Washington , DC .
- 2005. Prior appropriation and water rights reform in the Western United States. In BryanBruns, ClaudiaRingler, and RuthMeinzen-Dick (eds.) Water rights reform: Lessons for institutional design, pages 167–182. International Food Policy Research Institute: Washington , DC .
- 2003. Rivers for Life: Managing Water for People and Nature. Island Press: Washington , DC . and .
- 2005. Water policy and cultural exchange: Transferring lessons from around the world to the Western U. S., In DouglasKenney (ed.), In search of sustainable water management: International lessons for the American west and beyond, pages 1–24. Cheltenham , UK : Edward Elgar.
- Whiteford, S. and R.Melville, (Eds.). 2002. Protecting a sacred gift: Water and social change in Mexico. Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, U. of California-San Diego: La Jolla , CA .
- 2008. Equity and water in Mexico's changing institutional landscape. In JohnWhiteley, HelenIngram, and RichardPerry (eds.), Water, Place, and Equity, pages 95–116. MIT Press: Cambridge , MA .