Creating Real Time Water Leasing Market Institutions: An Integrated Economic and Hydrological Methodology
Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
© 2010 UCOWR
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 144, Issue 1, pages 50–59, March 2010
How to Cite
Broadbent, C. D., Brookshire, D. S., Coursey, D. and Tidwell, V. (2010), Creating Real Time Water Leasing Market Institutions: An Integrated Economic and Hydrological Methodology. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 144: 50–59. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2010.00074.x
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
- 2004. The Sale and Leasing of Water Rights in Western States: An Update to Mid-2003. Water Policy Working Paper 2004-004, Georgia State University. , , and .
- 2008. Impacts of market-based environmental and generation policy on scrubber electricity usage. The Energy Journal 29 (2): 151–164. and .
- 2008. “Progress Report on the Mimbres Basin: Establishing a Proto-type Water Leasing Market.. , , , , , , and .
- 2009a. Water leasing: Evaluating temporary water rights transfers in New Mexico through Experimental Methods. Natural Resources Journal, forthcoming 49 (3). , , , and
- 2009b. Water Market for River Systems. Working Paper in Economics 0902, available online at http://www.tech-teacher.net/craig. , , , and .
- 2009c. Futures Contracts in Water Leasing: An Experimental Analysis. Working Paper in Economics 0903, available online at http://www.tech-teacher.net/craig. , , , and
- 2008. The evolution of Market for Water Rights and Bulk Water. Surface Water Opportunities in New Mexico, New Mexico Water Resources Research Institute, October, 2008 pp. 1–6.
- 2008. “Tradable Rights to Emit Air Pollution. Resources for the Future, Discussion Paper 0978548. and .
- Chicago Board of Trade. 2006. The Chicago board of trade handbook of futures and options. McGraw-Hill, Chicago , Illinois . Prepared by Julie Collins and Mark Melin.
- 2002. “The Sale and Leasing of Water Rights in Western States: An Overview for the Period 1990-2001.” Water Policy Working Paper #2002-002, Georgia State University.
- Easter, W., M. W.Rosegrant, and A.Dinar. (Eds. 1998. Markets for water: Potential and performance. Kluwer Academic Publishers, New York .
- 1989. Transfer of water rights. Natural Resources Journal 29 (2): 457–478.
- 1988. Water rights transfers and third party effects. Land Water Law Review 23: 1–41.
- 1982. The preformance of appropriative water rights systems in the Western United States during drought. Natural Resources Journal 22 (2): 379–390. , , and .
- 2005. Policy-Induced Technology Adoption: Evidence from the U.S. Lead Phasedown. Resources for the Future, Discussion Paper 0814245. , and .
- 2006. Competitive Electricity Markets and Sustainability. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, Northampton , MA .
- Office of the State Engineer. 2007, Application Flow Chart, Underground water rules, page 7/40.
- 2009, A compartmental-spatial system dynamics approach to ground water modeling, Ground Water, in print August/September. and .
- 1982. A combinatorial auction mechanism for airport time slot allocation. Bell Journal of Economics 13 (2): 402–417. , , and .
- 1989. Western water rights: The Era of reallocation. Natural Resources Journal 29 (2): 413–434. , , and .
- 1962. An experimental study of competitive market behavior. Journal of Political Economy 70: 111–137.
- 2000. Business dynamics, systems thinking and modeling for a complex world. McGraw-Hill, Boston . 982 pp.
- Washington State Department of Ecology. 2004. Analysis of Water Banking in the Western States. Publication Number 04-11-011, available online at http://www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/0411011.