The Runoff Reduction Method
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 UCOWR
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 146, Issue 1, pages 11–21, December 2010
How to Cite
Battiata, J., Collins, K., Hirschman, D. and Hoffmann, G. (2010), The Runoff Reduction Method. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 146: 11–21. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2010.00388.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Anne Arundel County, MD. 2006. Stormwater Management Practices and Procedures Manual, Revised Policies and Procedures dated July 3, 2006.
- Atlanta Regional Commission. 2001. Georgia Stormwater Design Manual, Vol 2: Technical Handbook. Atlanta, GA.
- 2006. Influence of land use on macrobenthic communities in nearshore estuarine habitats. Estuaries and Coasts, 29(6B): 1185–1195. , , , and .
- 2007. Memorandum: Proposed Stormwater Philosophy to Guide Revisions to the Sediment and Stormwater Regulations (Delaware). The Center for Wastershed Protection. , , and .
- 2005. Urban Watershed Forestry Manual. Part 2: Conserving and Planting Trees at Development Sites. USDA Forest Service, Newtown Square , PA . , , and .
- Center for Watershed Protection. Impacts of IC on Aquatic Systems. 2003. Center for Watershed Protection, Inc., Ellicott City , MD .
- Center for Watershed Protection and Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation (VA DCR). 2007. Virginia Stormwater Management: Nutrient Design System, Version 1.2. Dated June 23, 2007.
- 2008. Memorandum: The District of Columbia Stormwater Management Guidebook Expansion. Issue Paper #1, in production. , , and .
- 2008. Technical memorandum: the runoff reduction method. Center for Watershed Protection and the Chesapeake Stormwater Network. , , and .
- 2008. 15 Reasons you should think twice before using percent removal to assess BMP performance. Stormwater Magazine, January/February, 2008. , , , and .
- 2005. A Milwaukee Model for LID Hydrologic Analysis. Proceedings from managing watersheds for human and natural impacts: engineering, ecological, and economic challenges: July 19–22, 2005. Williamsburg , VA : American Society of Civil Engineers.
- 2008. The need to address both impervious and pervious surfaces in urban watershed and stormwater management. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, accepted. , , and .
- 1996. Variation in the relation of runoff from residential lawns in Madison, Wisconsin. USGS Water Resources Investigations Report 96–4194. , , and .
- 1994. Soil compaction and site construction: Assessment and case studies. In The Landscape Below Ground. International Society of Arborculture. and .
- Maryland Department of the Environment. 2000. Maryland Stormwater Design Manual. Baltimore, MD.
- Maryland Stormwater Consortium. 2008. Core environmental site design principles for the implementation of the Maryland Stormwater Management Act of 2007. Chesapeake Stormwater Network. Baltimore , MD .
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. 2005. Minnesota Stormwater Manual. Minneapolis, MN.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYDEC). 2001. New York State stormwater management design manual. Prepared by the Center for Watershed Protection. Albany , NY .
- Ocean County Soil Conservation District, Schnabel Engineering Associates, Inc. and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service. 2001. Impact of Soil Disturbance During Construction on Bulk Density and Infiltration in Ocean County, New Jersey. Ocean County Soil Conservation District, Forked River , NJ .
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment. 2003. Final Stormwater Management Planning and Design Manual. Aquafor Beech Ltd. Toronto , Canada .
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP). 2006. Pennsylvania stormwater best management practices manual.
- 2005. Soil Structure Effects Associated with Urbanization and the Benefits of Soil Amendments. Proceedings from World Water and Environmental Congress: Undated. Anchorage , AK : American Society of Civil Engineers. , , , and .
- 2002. Global solutions for urban drainage: Compacted urban soils effects on infiltration and bioretention stormwater control designs. Proceedings from the Ninth International Conference on Urban Drainage: September 8–13, Global Solutions for Urban Drainage. Reston VA : American Society of Civil Engineers. , , and .
- 1999. Infiltration through disturbed urban soils and compost-amended soil effects on runoff quality and quantity. Research Report EPA/600/R-00/016. Office of Research and Development. U.S. EPA. Washington , D.C. , , and .
- 2003. Turfgrass revolution: Measuring the expansion of the American lawn. Land Use Policy 20: 181–194. , and .
- 1987. Controlling urban runoff: A practical manual for planning and designing urban best management practices. Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, Washington , DC .
- 2007. Urban Stormwater Retrofit Practices. Center for Watershed Protection, Ellicott City , MD . , , , and .
- 2000. The compaction of urban soils. In The Practice of Watershed Protection: 210–214. Center for Watershed Protection, Ellicott City , MD . , and .
- 2001a. The compaction of urban soils. Watershed Protection Techniques. 3(2): 661–665.
- 2001b. Can urban soil compaction be reversed? Watershed Protection Techniques. 3(2): 666–669.
- 2005. Impacts of impervious surface on watershed hydrology: A review. Urban Water Journal 2(4):263–275. , , , , and .
- 2004. Stormwater management: State-of-the-art in comprehensive approaches to stormwater. The Water Report, Issue #6. Envirotech Publishers Inc., Eugene , OR . , , , and .
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). 1986. Urban hydrology for small watersheds. Natural Resource Conservation Service.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). 2008. Urban BMP performance tool. Available at: http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/urbanbmp/bmpeffectiveness.cfm.
- 2004. Protection of in-stream biota from urban impacts: Minimize catchment imperviousness or improve drainage design? Marine and Freshwater Research 55(3): 317–326.
- Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation. 2002. The Vermont Stormwater Management Manual. Vermont Agency of Natural Resources.