Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process for Selecting and Modeling Stormwater Best Management Practices
Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
© 2010 UCOWR
Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education
Volume 146, Issue 1, pages 50–63, December 2010
How to Cite
Young, K. D., Younos, T., Dymond, R. L., Kibler, D. F. and Lee, D. H. (2010), Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process for Selecting and Modeling Stormwater Best Management Practices. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education, 146: 50–63. doi: 10.1111/j.1936-704X.2010.00391.x
- Issue online: 22 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 DEC 2010
- 2007. Generating alternative watershed-scale BMP designs with evolutionary algorithms Proceedings from 2007 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE. Tampa , FL . , , and .
- 2008. An innovative stormwater BMP decision support system for quantifying and optimizing load reductions and costs in Los Angeles. Proceedings from 2008 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE. Ahupua'a/Honolulu , HI . , , , and .
- Center for Watershed Protection. 2000. National Pollutant Removal Performance Database for Stormwater Treatment Practices 2nd Edition. Ellicott City, MD.
- 2006. Optimization of stormwater filtration at the urban/watershed interface. Environmental Science & Technology 40(15): 4794–4801. , , , and .
- 2007. Designing BMPs at a watershed scale using SWAT and a genetic algorithm. Proceedings from 2007 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE. Tampa , FL . , , and .
- 2005. Decision Support Framework for Placement of BMPs in Urban Watersheds. U.S. EPA Science Forum. , , .
- 2009. Virginia Rainwater Harvesting Manual, Cabell Brand Center, Salem , VA . , , , , , , , and .
- Massachusetts Stormwater Treatment Evaluation Program (MASTEP). 2006. Stormwater Technologies Clearinghouse. Available at: http://www.mastep.net.
- 1995. Optimization of managed runoff to the St. Lucie estuary. Proceedings from the First International Conference on Water Resources Engineering, ASCE. New York . 1506–1510. , , , and .
- 1980. The Analytic Hierarchy Process. New York , New York : McGraw-Hill International.
- 2001. The Analytic Heirarchy Process in Natural Resource and Environmental Decision Making. Dordrecht , The Netherlands : Kluwer Academic Publishers. , , , and .
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U. S. EPA) and the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). 2005. International Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) Database. Available at: http://www.bmpdatabase.org.
- 2004. Cost-effective BMP placement: optimization versus targeting. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers 47(5): 1585–1594. , , and .
- 1997. Multi-objective watershed-level planning of stormwater detention systems. ASCE Journal of Water Resources Planning & Management 123(6): 336–343. , and .
- 2009. Virginia's Stormwater Impact Evaluation: Developing and Optimization Tool for Improved Site Development, Selection and Placement of Stormwater BMPs. VWRRC Special Report No. SR44-2009. Virginia Water Resources Research Center, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. Available at: http://www.vwrrc.vt.edu/special_reports.html#2009. , , and .
- 2004. Optimal location and sizing of stormwater basins at watershed scale. ASCE Journal Water Resources Planning & Management 130(4): 339. , , and .