Dr. Anderson is an Assistant Professor of Operations Management at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business. He received his doctorate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and history from Stanford University. His research interests include supply chain management (especially service supply chains), outsourced product development, knowledge management, and system dynamics. He has published articles in such journals as Management Science, Production and Operations Management, and The Systems Thinker. Dr. Anderson won the prestigious Wickham Skinner Early-Career Research Award from the Production and Operations Management Society. He sits on the editorial review board of Production and Operations Management and has received research grants from SAP and Hewlett-Packard. Professor Anderson has consulted with Ford, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Frito-Lay, and Atlantic-Richfield. Prior to his academic work, he was a product design engineer at the Ford Motor Company, from which he was granted three U.S. patents.
THE EFFECT OF LEARNING ON THE MAKE/BUY DECISION
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2009
© 2002 Production and Operations Management Society
Production and Operations Management
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 313–339, September 2002
How to Cite
ANDERSON, E. G. and PARKER, G. G. (2002), THE EFFECT OF LEARNING ON THE MAKE/BUY DECISION. Production and Operations Management, 11: 313–339. doi: 10.1111/j.1937-5956.2002.tb00189.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2009
- Received February 2000, revisions received September 2000, accepted June 2001.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!