Kamalini Ramdas serves on the faculty at the Darden Graduate School of Business, University of Virginia. Her research and teaching interests focus on the development of new products and services. In her research on product development, she examines the challenges firms face in managing product proliferation, both internally and cross the supply chain. Ramdas has published and forthcoming papers in Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Interfaces, Production & Operations Management, and IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. She is a member of the Editorial Review Board of Production and Operations Management and of the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. Research awards Ramdas has won include a grant from the Marketing Science Institute (MSI) and the American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) to study product proliferation, a grant from the Huntsman Center for Global Innovation at the Wharton School, and Darden's Wachovia Award for research excellence. Ramdas holds a PhD in Operations Management from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, an MS in Operations Research from the University of Delaware, and a BS in Mathematics from St. Stephen's College, Delhi University.
MANAGING PRODUCT VARIETY: AN INTEGRATIVE REVIEW AND RESEARCH DIRECTIONS
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2009
© 2003 Production and Operations Management Society
Production and Operations Management
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 79–101, March 2003
How to Cite
RAMDAS, K. (2003), MANAGING PRODUCT VARIETY: AN INTEGRATIVE REVIEW AND RESEARCH DIRECTIONS. Production and Operations Management, 12: 79–101. doi: 10.1111/j.1937-5956.2003.tb00199.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2009
- Received June 2000, revisions received August 2001, accepted August 2002.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!