measurement and performance improvement consultant at Dell Computer Corporation. He developed the ROI measurement process at Dell which was used to evaluate the effectiveness of sales and engineering programs. The results from his ROI studies have been leveraged by line training organizations to elicit management commitment in implementing skills reinforcement, requiring management coaching training, and increasing training resources. He plans to replicate this measurement process to evaluate management and online product training this year. Dr. Tesoro is a member of the ROI International Network, American Society for Training and Development, American Society for Quality Control, and the International Society of Performance Improvement. Prior to joining Dell, he consulted with clients such as Shell Oil Company, Texaco, and Dow Chemicals where he evaluated technical, sales, and management training programs.
Implementing an ROI Measurement Process at Dell Computer
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
© 1998 Learning Systems Institute
Performance Improvement Quarterly
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 103–114, December 1998
How to Cite
Tesoro, F. (1998), Implementing an ROI Measurement Process at Dell Computer. Perf. Improvement Qrtly, 11: 103–114. doi: 10.1111/j.1937-8327.1998.tb00110.x
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!