This manuscript is based on the first author’s dissertation supervised by the second author. We are grateful to the program participants—both advocates and their partners—who collaborated on the creation of the advocacy model described here, helping us think through the ethical, therapeutic, and systemic complexities of Relationship-Centered Advocacy. We are also appreciative of the expert guidance on qualitative description provided by Sandra Mott, faculty member in the School of Nursing at Boston College.
Working With and for: Student Advocates’ Experience of Relationship-Centered Advocacy With Low-Income Women
Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
© 2010 American Orthopsychiatric Association
American Journal of Orthopsychiatry
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 46–60, January 2010
How to Cite
Weintraub, S. R. and Goodman, L. A. (2010), Working With and for: Student Advocates’ Experience of Relationship-Centered Advocacy With Low-Income Women. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 80: 46–60. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-0025.2010.01006.x
- Issue published online: 9 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.