In vitro heparinization of canine whole blood with low molecular weight heparin (dalteparin) significantly and dose-dependently prolongs heparinase-modified tissue factor-activated thromboelastography parameters and prothrombinase-induced clotting time
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2008
©2008 American Society for Veterinary Clinical Pathology
Veterinary Clinical Pathology
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 363–372, December 2008
How to Cite
Jessen, L. R., Wiinberg, B., Jensen, A. L., Kjelgaard-Hansen, M., Jensen, K. H., Pedersen, L. B. and Kristensen, A. T. (2008), In vitro heparinization of canine whole blood with low molecular weight heparin (dalteparin) significantly and dose-dependently prolongs heparinase-modified tissue factor-activated thromboelastography parameters and prothrombinase-induced clotting time. Veterinary Clinical Pathology, 37: 363–372. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-165X.2008.00068.x
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2008
- 8Factor Xa inhibition: correlation between the plasma levels of anti-Xa activity and occurrence of thrombosis and haemorrhage. Haemostasis. 1993;23 (Suppl 1):89–98., , ,
- 9Occurrence of thrombosis and haemorrhage, relationship with anti-Xa, anti-IIa activities, and D-dimer plasma levels in patients receiving a low molecular weight heparin, enoxaparin or tinzaparin, to prevent deep vein thrombosis after hip surgery. Br J Haematol. 1999;104:230–240., ,
- 15Evidence based coagulation monitors: heparin monitoring, thromboelastography, and platelet function. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2005;9:41–52.
- 23Dalteparin causes significant dose related changes in tissue factor and kaolin activated whole blood thromboelastography (TEG) parameters [abstract]. J Vet Intern Med. 2006;20:714., , ,
- 27Limitations of the laboratory monitoring of heparin therapy. Scientific and Standardization Committee Communications: on behalf of the Control of Anticoagulation Subcommittee of the Scientific and Standardization Committee of the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. Thromb Haemost. 2002;87:163–164.