Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853–6401.
Iron Status and Erythrocyte Volume in Dogs With Congenital Portosystemic Vascular Anomalies
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 14–19, January 1997
How to Cite
Simpson, K. W., Meyer, D. J., Boswood, A., White, R. N. and Maskell, I. E. (1997), Iron Status and Erythrocyte Volume in Dogs With Congenital Portosystemic Vascular Anomalies. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 11: 14–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.1997.tb00067.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted August 7, 1996
- 1Hepatic insufficiency associated with congenital anomalies of the portal vein in dogs. Journal of the American Animal Health Association 1974;10:463–476., ,
- 2Hematologic and biochemical changes in dogs with portosystemic shunts. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1981;17:705–710., ,
- 5Chronic iron deficiency anemia in dogs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1982;18:946–960., ,
- 7Iron status in 12 dogs with congenital portosystemic shunts. J Vet Intern Med 1992;6:126 (abstract)., , , et al.
- 8Measurement of serum iron, total iron-binding capacity and transferrin in 21 dogs with congenital portosystemic shunts. J Vet Intern Med 1994;8:156 (abstract).,
- 10Iron metabolism in dogs and cats. The Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian 1982;14:39–43.
- 14Doppler ultrasonography of portosystemic shunts in dogs and cats: Updated results of a prospective study. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound 1994;35:P30 (abstract).
- 17Determination of serum ceruloplasmin. In: HenryRJ, ed. Clinical Chemistry Principles and Technics, 2nd ed. New York , NY : Harper and Row; 1974:860–864., ,
- 18Techniques. In: Liver Biopsy Interpretation, 3rd ed. London : Balliere Tindall; 1980:8–14.
- 19Primer of Applied Regression and Analysis of Variance. New York , NY : McGraw-Hill; 1990:239–271.,
- 20Distribution-Free Tests. London : Unwin Hyman; 1988:89–106.,
- 21Differentiation of anemia of inflammatory disease from anemia of iron deficiency. The Compendium on Continuing Education for the Practicing Veterinarian 1990;12:963–966.,
- 23The anemia of chronic disorders and microcytic anemias and disorders characterized by altered iron metabolism. In: LeeGR, BithellTC, FoersterJ., et al, eds. Wintrobe's Clinical Hematology, 9th ed. Philadelphia , PA : Lea and Febiger; 1993:791–851.
- 32Blood volume, water, and electrolyte spaces in human beings with cirrhosis and in dogs with eck's fistula. Surgical Forum 1966;17:365–366., ,