Dr Burgess is presently affiliated with the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. Presented in part at the 15th Annual Forum of the ACVIM, Lake Buena Vista, FL, May 22—25, 1997, and at the 17th Annual Conference of the Veterinary Cancer Society, Chicago IL, December 3—6, 1997.
Treatment of Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia in Dogs with Cyclophosphamide
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2000 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 456–462, July 2000
Total views since August 2010: 18
How to Cite
Burgess, K., Moore, A., Rand, W. and Cotter, S. M. (2000), Treatment of Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia in Dogs with Cyclophosphamide. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 14: 456–462. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2000.tb02256.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Revised November 19, 1999; Accepted February 14, 2000
- 1A pathophysiologic approach to the diagnosis of hemolytic anemia in the dog. Compend Cont Educ Pract Vet 1981;3:827–831.
- 3Immune mediated hemolytic anemia. Part I. An overview. Compend Cont Educ Prat Vet 1993;15:372–381.,
- 4Immune mediated hemolytic anemia. Part II. Clinical entity, diagnosis, and treatment theory. Compend Cont Educ Prat Vet 1993;15:1479–1491.,
- 5Autoimmune hemolytic anemia in the dog. Canine Pract 1975;2:37–45.
- 8Autoimmune hemolytic anemia: A brief review. Canine Pract 1975;2:30–36.
- 14Evaluation of combined cyclo-phosphamide and prednisone versus prednisone alone in the treatment of canine immune mediated hemolytic anemia. J Vet Intern Med 1997;11:130., ,
- 16Coomb's positive anemia in the dog and cat. Compend Cont Educ Prat Vet 1980;2:96–101.
- 17Autoimmune hemolytic disease and other causes of immune-mediated anemia: An overview. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1977;13:437–441.
- 18Canine ehrlichiosis: A retrospective study of 30 naturally occurring cases. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 1980;16:181–187., ,
- 19Clinical observations on Babesia gibsoni and Babesia canis infection in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1982;16:927–931., ,
- 21Treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia in the dog. Canine Pract 1986;13:39–45.,
- 22Managing the Veterinary Cancer Patient. Trenton , NJ : Veterinary Learning Systems Co Inc; 1995: 64–74.,
- 23Immune mediated hemolytic anemia. A retrospective study: Focus on treatment and mortality (1988–1996). J Vet Intern Med 1997;11: 131.,