Preliminary results of this work were presented in the Scientific Session of the American College of Veterinary Dermatologists and American Association of Veterinary Dermatologists Annual Meeting, Nashville, IN, April 1997, and were abstracted in the 13th Proceedings of that meeting, page 82.
The Effects of Thyroid Hormones on the Skin of Beagle Dogs
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 539–546, November 2001
Total views since August 2010: 4
How to Cite
Credille, K. M., Slater, M. R., Moriello, K. A., Nachreiner, R. F., Tucker, K. A. and Dunstan, R. W. (2001), The Effects of Thyroid Hormones on the Skin of Beagle Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 15: 539–546. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2001.tb01588.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Revised April 25, 2001; Accepted July 16, 2001
- 1NelsonRW, ed. International symposium on canine hypothyroidism. Canine Pract 1997;22:4–62.
- 5ScottDW, MillerWHJr, GriffinCE, eds. Muller & Kirk's Small Animal Dermatology, 6th ed. Philadelphia , PA : WB Saunders; 2000: 780–885., , In:
- 6Dermatologic manifestations of canine hypothyroidism and the usefulness of dermatohistopathology in establishing a diagnosis. Canine Pract 1997;22:25–26.
- 7Excessive tricholemmal keratinisation (flame follicles) in endocrine skin disorders of the dog. Vet Dermatol 1989;i:37–40.
- 8The histologic analysis of endocrine-related alopecia in the dog. In: vonTscharnerC, HalliwellRW, ed. Advances in Veterinary Dermatology. Vol 1. London : Balliere Tindall; 1990: 77–88.,
- 9The role of nutrition on the canine hair follicle: A preliminary report. In: ReinhartGA, CareyDP, ed. Recent Advances in Canine and Feline Nutrition. Vol III. Wilmington , OH : Orange Frazer Press; 2000: 37–54., , , et al.
- 12Thyroid function tests in euthyroid dogs treated with L-thyroxine. Am J Vet Res 1989; 51:22–26., , , et al.
- 14Validation of an assay for canine TSH (cTSH). Proceedings of the 13th American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum; 1995: 99 (abstract)., , ,
- 17Atrophic diseases of the hair follicle. In: ReinhardtRW, ed. Veterinary Dermatopathology: A Macroscopic and Microscopic Evaluation of Canine and Feline Skin Disease. St. Louis , MO : Mosby Year Book; 1992: 74–75., ,
- 18Atrophic dermatoses. In: Color Atlas and Text of Surgical Pathology of the Dog and Cat: Dermatopathology and Skin Tumors. London : Mosby Year Book Europe; 1994: 224–226.,