This work was performed at the Intracellular Pathogens Research Laboratory in North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, NC. Abstract presented at the 2006 Joint Meeting: 20th National Meeting of the American Society for Rickettsiology and the 5th International Conference on Bartonella as Emerging Pathogens.
Bartonella DNA in the Blood and Lymph Nodes of Golden Retrievers with Lymphoma and in Healthy Controls
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 89–95, January–February 2008
How to Cite
Duncan, A.W., Marr, H.S., Birkenheuer, A.J., Maggi, R.G., Williams, L.E., Correa, M.T. and Breitschwerdt, E.B. (2008), Bartonella DNA in the Blood and Lymph Nodes of Golden Retrievers with Lymphoma and in Healthy Controls. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 89–95. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2007.0018.x
The research was funded in part by the American Kennel Club-Canine Health Foundation, Bayer Animal Health, the Golden Retriever Foundation, IDEXX Laboratories, and the State of North Carolina.
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Submitted May 8, 2007; Revised July 31, 2007; Accepted August 29, 2007.
- 2Canine lymphoma and lymphoid leukemias. In: WithrowSJ, MacEwenEG, eds. Small Animal Clinical Oncology, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2001:558–560., , .
- 3Treating lymphoma in dogs and cats. Vet Med 2005;100:285–294., .
- 6http://www.grca.org/healthsurvey.pdf. Accessed August 25, 2007., , . The Golden Retriever Club of America: National Health Survey (1998–1999). Available at:
- 10World Health Organization. 10 facts about cancer. 2006 WHO Fact File Available at: http://www.who.int/topics/cancer/en/. Accessed August 25, 2007.
- 25The analysis of data from matched samples. In: BarnettV, BradleyRA, FisherNI, et al, eds. Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions, 2nd ed. Wiley Series in Probability and Mathematical Statistics. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1981:123–125..
- 29Canine bartonellosis: Serological and molecular prevalence in Brazil and evidence of co-infection with Bartonella henselae and Bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii. Vet Res 2007;38:697–710., , , et al.