Partial results of this study were presented at the 5th Annual Meeting of the European Society of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, September 2006, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The study was performed in the Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
Cardiac Arrhythmias and Serum Cardiac Troponins in Vipera palaestinae Envenomation in Dogs
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 106–113, January–February 2008
How to Cite
Segev, G., Ohad, D.G., Shipov, A., Kass, P. H. and Aroch, I. (2008), Cardiac Arrhythmias and Serum Cardiac Troponins in Vipera palaestinae Envenomation in Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 106–113. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2007.0026.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Submitted January 27, 2007; Revised April 11, 2007; Accepted August 11, 2007.
- 6Acute myocardial necrosis associated with Vipera xanthina palestinae bite in a dog. Israel J Vet Med 1999;54:81–85., , , et al.
- 7Fatal Vipera xanthina palestinae envenomation in 16 dogs. Vet Hum Toxicol 2004;46:268–272., , , et al.
- 9Clinical enzymology. In: KanekoJ, HarveyJ, BrussM, eds. Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals, 5th ed. San Diego, CA: Academic Press; 1997:303–323.,
- 11Electrocardiography and cardiac arrhythmia. In: EttingerS, FeldmanE, eds. Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders WB; 2005:1040–1076.,
- 12Cardiac troponin T is a sensitive, specific biomarker of cardiac injury in laboratory animals. Lab Anim Sci 1997;47:486–495., , , et al.
- 13Cardiac biomarkers: A review. Comp Clin Pathol 2003;12:121–128.
- 20Differential reactivity of cardiac and skeletal muscle from various species in a cardiac troponin I immunoassay. Clin Chem 1997;43:2333–2338., ,
- 23Lack of myocardial damage following Sri Lankan Russell's viper and hump-nosed viper bites. Ceylon Med J 1999;44:70–73., , , et al.