Previously presented in part at the 6th Middle European Buiatrics Congress, Krakow, June 1–4, 2005 (abstract and presentation) and at the 1st Swiss Buiatrics Congress, Bern, October 19–21, 2005 (abstract and presentation). These studies have been published as the thesis of the first author (http://deposit.ddb.de/cgi-bin/dokserv?idn=973952709&dok_var=d1&dok_ext=pdf&filename=973952709.pdf).
Clinical Efficacy of Intravenous Hypertonic Saline Solution or Hypertonic Bicarbonate Solution in the Treatment of Inappetent Calves with Neonatal Diarrhea
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 202–211, January–February 2008
How to Cite
Koch, A. and Kaske, M. (2008), Clinical Efficacy of Intravenous Hypertonic Saline Solution or Hypertonic Bicarbonate Solution in the Treatment of Inappetent Calves with Neonatal Diarrhea. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 202–211. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2007.0029.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2008
- Submitted February 19, 2007; Revised May 9, 2007; Accepted September 24, 2007.
- 2The treatment of the diarrheic calf: An update. In: KaskeM, ScholzH, HoeltershinkenM, eds. Recent Developments and Perspectives in Bovine Medicine: Keynote Lectures XXII World Buiatrics Congress. Hildesheim, Germany: Hildesheimer Druck- und Verlags-GmbH; 2002:134–142.
- 8Hyperosmotic sodium salts reverse severe hemorrhagic shock: Other solutes do not. Am J Physiol 1987;253:H751–H762., , , et al.
- 12Severity and nature of acidosis in diarrheic calves over and under one week of age. Can Vet J 1987;28:599–610.
- 14Untersuchungen zur klinischen Einschätzung des Azidosegrades von Kälbern mit Neugeborenendurchfall. Tierärztl Umschau 2001;56:569–577., ,
- 15Investigations on the association of d-lactate blood concentrations with the outcome of therapy of acidosis, and with posture and demeanour in young calves with diarrhoea. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 2006;53:490–494.,
- 22Colostrum management in calves: Effects of drenching vs. bottle feeding. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berlin) 2005;89:151–157., , , et al.
- 31Hydrogen ion homeostasis, tissue oxygenation and their disorders. In: MarshallJW, BangertSK, eds. Clinical Biochemistry—Metabolic and Clinical Aspects. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1995.