Dietary Energy Restriction and Successful Weight Loss in Obese Client-Owned Dogs
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 1174–1180, November 2007
How to Cite
German, A. J., Holden, S. L., Bissot, T., Hackett, R. M. and Biourge, V. (2007), Dietary Energy Restriction and Successful Weight Loss in Obese Client-Owned Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 21: 1174–1180. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2007.tb01934.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Revised February 13, 2007, March 28, 2007; Accepted May 18, 2007.
- 4Prevalence and risk factors for obesity in adult dogs from private US veterinary practices. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med, 2006: 4: 177–186., , ,
- 5Microsomal transfer protein (MTP): a novel anti-obesity target in dogs. Proceedings of the 16th European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Congress, Amsterdam, Netherlands 2006; 95–97., , , ,
- 8Weight loss in obese dogs: Evaluation of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. J Nutr 2002; 132:16858–1687S., , , et al.
- 9Clinical studies in the management of obesity in dogs and cats. Int J Obesity 1994;18(Suppl 1):S39–S43., , ,
- 16Development and validation of a body condition score system for dogs. Canine Pract 1997;22:10–15.
- 19National Research Council (NRC), Nutrient requirements of dogs. Washington DC : National Academy Press; 1974.
- 20The hugely better calorie counter Slough, UK : Foulsham; 2002.
- 21The calorie, carb and fat bible. Peterborough , UK : Weight Loss Resources; 2006.
- 22National Research Council (NRC), Nutrient requirements of Dogs and Cats. Washington DC : National Academy Press; 2006.