This study was partially presented at the 1st meeting of the European College of Equine Internal Medicine in Leipzig (Germany), January 2005, and at the 24th Annual ACVIM Forum in Louisville (KY), May-June 2006. Both abstracts were published in the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (2006;20:457 and 2006;20:721, respectively).
Plasma d-Dimer Concentration in Sick Newborn Foals
Article first published online: 29 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 411–417 , March–April 2008
Total views since August 2010: 13
How to Cite
Armengou, L., Monreal, L., Tarancón, I., Navarro, M., Ríos, J. and Segura, D. (2008), Plasma d-Dimer Concentration in Sick Newborn Foals. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 411–417 . doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2008.0050.x
- Issue published online: 29 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 29 FEB 2008
- Submitted November 13, 2006; Revised February 16, 2007; Accepted November 12, 2007.
- 1Neonatal septicemia. In: Robinson NE, ed. Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1997:595–601.
- 2Equine neonatal sepsis: The pathophysiology of severe inflammation and infection. Comp Cont Educ Pract Equine Ed 2001;23:661–672.,
- 3Systemic inflammatory response syndrome, sepsis, and antimicrobial therapy. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2003;2:3–8.
- 4An updated view of hemostasis: Mechanisms of hemostatic dysfunction associated with sepsis. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2005;15:83–91.,
- 5International pediatric sepsis consensus conference: Definitions for sepsis and organ dysfunction in pediatrics. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2005;6:2–8., , , et al.
- 12Heat stroke in dogs: A retrospective study of 54 cases (1999–2004) and analysis of risk factors of death. J Vet Intern Med 2006;20:38–46., , , et al.
- 23Changes in hemostasis in endurance horse: Detection by highly sensitive ELISA-tests. Equine Vet J 1995; Suppl 18:120–123., , , et al.
- 24Some common problems in medical research. In: Altman DG, ed. Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London, UK: Chapman & Hall; 1997:396–439.
- 27Hemostasis in the newborn foal. In: Robinson NE, ed. Current Therapy in Equine Medicine, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1992:427–431.,