Association of Body Weight and Body Condition with Survival in Dogs with Heart Failure
Article first published online: 10 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 561–565, May–June 2008
How to Cite
Slupe, J.L., Freeman, L.M. and Rush, J.E. (2008), Association of Body Weight and Body Condition with Survival in Dogs with Heart Failure. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 561–565. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2008.0071.x
- Issue published online: 10 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 10 JUL 2008
- Submitted September 4, 2007; Revised October 28, 2007; Accepted January 6, 2008.
- 1Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders. In: FoxPR, SissonD, MoiseNS., eds. Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1999:457–470.
- 2American Veterinary Medical Association Website. Care for animals pet health-canine illnesses. Available at: http://www.avma.org/careforanimals/animatedjourneys/pethealth/canine.asp. Accessed January 2, 2007.
- 3American Veterinary Medical Association. Total pet ownership and pet population. In: U.S. Pet Ownership & Demographics Sourcebook. Schaumburg, IL: AVMA; 2002:6–30.
- 8Prevalence and risk factors for obesity in adult dogs from private US veterinary practices. Int J Appl Res Vet Med 2006;4:177–186., , ,
- 9The heart and obesity. In: SchlantRC, AlexanderRW., eds. The Heart, 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Inc; 1994:1937–1942.
- 11Nutritional management of cardiac disease. In: EttingerSJ., ed. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 6th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier; 2005:579–583.,
- 17Development and validation of a body condition score system for dogs. Canine Pract 1997;22:10–15.