The planning of the QUEST trial was started in 2002. The trial protocol was finalized at an investigator meeting in September 2003. There was a follow-up meeting in September 2005, and the submitted manuscript was finalized and approved by the investigators at a meeting in December 2007. The QUEST trial publication committee consisted of Jens Häggström, Adrian Boswood, Michael O'Grady, and Olaf Jöns. The study was funded by Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health GmbH.
Effect of Pimobendan or Benazepril Hydrochloride on Survival Times in Dogs with Congestive Heart Failure Caused by Naturally Occurring Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease: The QUEST Study
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 1124–1135, September–October 2008
How to Cite
Häggström, J., Boswood, A., O'Grady, M., Jöns, O., Smith, S., Swift, S., Borgarelli, M., Gavaghan, B., Kresken, J.-G., Patteson, M., Åblad, B., Bussadori, C.M., Glaus, T., Kovačević, A., Rapp, M., Santilli, R.A., Tidholm, A., Eriksson, A., Belanger, M.C., Deinert, M., Little, C.J.L., Kvart, C., French, A., Rønn-Landbo, M., Wess, G., Eggertsdottir, A.V., O'Sullivan, M.L., Schneider, M., Lombard, C.W., Dukes-McEwan, J., Willis, R., Louvet, A. and DiFruscia, R. (2008), Effect of Pimobendan or Benazepril Hydrochloride on Survival Times in Dogs with Congestive Heart Failure Caused by Naturally Occurring Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease: The QUEST Study. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 22: 1124–1135. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-1676.2008.0150.x
- Issue published online: 25 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2008
- Submitted December 20, 2007; Revised February 29, 2008; Accepted May 9, 2008.
- 1Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders. In: FoxPR, SissonD, MoiseNS, eds. Textbook of Canine and Feline Cardiology. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1999:457–470.
- 5BENCH study group. The effect of benazepril on survival times and clinical signs of dogs with congestive heart failure: Results of a multicenter, prospective, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, long-term clinical trial. J Vet Cardiol 1999;1:7–18.
- 13Echocardiography. In: NylandTG, MattoonJS, eds. Veterinary Diagnostic Ultrasound. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1995:198–255.,